Lost Creek Farm Field Crew 2014
Responsibilities and details of the position:
- Work days are Monday through Friday; Friday is a longer day due to market on Saturday.
- Part-time positions available.
- Work begins at 7am sharp most of the season and at 8am later in season due to shorter days. Work generally ends between 3 and 4pm Monday through Thursday and 5pm on Fridays.
- Members of the field crew work together and independently.
- The majority of tasks involve weeding, harvesting, planting, greenhouse work, moving irrigation pipe, washing produce for market, packing boxes for market and commercial sales.
- The Lost Creek Farm season ends the second week in November.
- The field crew positions begin from March 1st to May 1st. The minimum time commitment required is through the end of October.
- Pay begins at $10.25/hr with all pay increases based on performance.
One season previous farm experience preferred.
A strong interest in farming is necessary.
Good communication skills.
Energetic, fun and motivated personality.
Excellent work ethic and positive attitude.
Conscientious and able to work with all kinds of people.
Strong back and knees.
Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
Ability to commit to staying for the full season.
Preference given to those interested in staying on for multiple seasons.
Submit a current resume and cover letter along with two references.
Submit materials by email to email@example.com
- A health insurance plan begins with the second year of employment